Sunday 13 March 2011

DRAFTS of front cover

This image is of my initial front cover in progress, however mid-way through production after browsing through and analysing other pop music magazines I acknowledged the fact that the model didnt fit the image in which I aimed to convey. In addition, too much pink was being used, automatically depicting a girly sense, which would not be appropriate as my target audience are young males and females, however the pink colouring would appeal significantly more to female readers. Also, the models hairstyle was too basic and failed to highlight a 'funky sense' Furthermore, the masthead and the image of the artist did not compliment each other very well. Correspondingly, the pose of model is very open and friendly however, I wanted to present a more quirky and edgy character and so, putting all these factors together, I soon found a new model in which I believe reflects my desired image.


This is another draft of my fron cover, however I believe its slightly too simple and  feminine due to the pink shades and subtle colours. In effect, it would have not appealed to both males and females equally, so ultimately this idea was discarded.

This is another draft of my front page. I think that the yellow text is far too overpowering as it is the dominant colour on the page as opposed to the purple and red text. Similarly, I found that the masthead did not stand out enough as attention was diverted to the bright lettering. Also, I found that the puff, located above the masthead was too simplistic and did not effectively communicate the eccentricity and quirky sense initiated throught the 'pop' genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment